Massachusetts Censuses & Substitute Name Lists, 1600-2009; by William Dollarhide; PDF eBook; 2015; 95 pp; 8.5x11; ISBN: 978-1-62859-032-6; Item #: FR0252
After downloading the eBook, click on "File" in the Adobe Acrobat menu bar at the top of the screen, then click on "Save As," and save to a location on your hard drive or other storage device.
William Dollarhide is best known as the co-author and cartographer of Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, a book of 393 census year maps, and one of the bestselling titles ever published in the field of genealogy. Mr. Dollarhide currently lives in Washington. He has written numerous guidebooks related to genealogical research.
With this series of genealogical guides, William Dollarhide continues his long tradition of writing books that family historians find useful in their day-to-day United States research. Bill's Name List guides give a state-by-state listing of what name lists are available, where to find them, and how they can be used to further one's research.
Name lists are key to success in any genealogical endeavor. Name lists, be they national, state, county, or even city or town in scope, can help nail down the precise place where one's ancestor may have lived. And if that can be done, further records, usually found on a local level, will now be accessible to research. But success depends on knowing where the ancestor resided. This is where Dollarhide's Name List guides can make the difference.
Not only does this volume give a detailed bibliography of Name Lists available for the state, but links to websites, FHL book & microfilm numbers, archive references, maps, and key historical information make this volume invaluable to the researcher looking to extend their lines and fill in the family tree.
I recommend it to any genealogist, beginner or advanced, that had ancestors in the state. - Leland K. Meitzler, Editor - GenealogyBlog.com, Publisher - Family Roots Publishing Co., LLC
This book is also available in a soft cover printed book.
- USGS Map of Connecticut, Massachusetts & Rhode Island
- Map: English, French, Dutch, and Swedish Colonies, 1584-1626
- Map: 1790 Map of Connecticut, Massachusetts & Rhode Island
- Map: Grants ro Plymouth and Virginia Companies
- Illustration: Capt. John Smith's Description of New England
- Illustration: 1765 Broadside - The True-born Sons of Liberty
- Introduction to Massachusetts Censuses & Substitute Name Lists
- Massachusetts Historical Timeline, 1524-1820
- About the Massachusetts Towns & Counties
- Resources at the Massachusetts Archives
- Resources at the Massachusetts State Library
- Bibliography of Massachusetts Name Lists 1620-2009
National Name Lists
- 1763 British North America
- 1784-1802 Western Land Cessions
- 1790 United States
- 1800 United States
- 1810 United States
- 1820 United States
- 1830 United States
- 1840 United States
- 1850 United States
- 1860 United States
- 1870-1880 United States
- 1890-1940 United States
- 50 States, AL to WY / Year a State / Order Admitted to the U.S.
- Getting Started
- National Look-up Sites Online
- Bibliography of National Lists, 1600s – Present
The following Name List Guides, all written by William Dollarhide, may be purchased from Family Roots Publishing Co.:
- District of Columbia
- Indiana - both First and Second Editions
- Indiana Name Lists, Published and Online Censuses & Substitutes 1783-2007, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present (published 2014)
- PDF eBook: Indiana Name Lists, Published and Online Censuses & Substitutes 1783-2007, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present (published 2014)
- Indiana Censuses & Substitute Name Lists 1780 - 2008 - Second Edition, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present (published 2017)
- PDF eBook: Indiana Censuses & Substitute Name Lists 1780 - 2008 - Second Edition, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present (published 2017)
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- U.S. Territories