Heritage Quest Magazine #1, edited by Leland K. Meitzler; Published September/October 1985 by Heritage Quest International Genealogy Forum; New back issue; 116 pp; Item # HQ001; The price of this item includes postage within the United States.
This back issue of Heritage Quest Magazine was the First Issue printed by Heritage Quest International Genealogy Forum.
Articles found in this issue include:
- Research in the Georgia Land Grant Records by Robert S. Davis Jr.; The first of a series on the use of Georgia Records.
- Yankee Hog Thief by David A. Avant,Jr.; The fascinating story of a southern family and a Yankee antagonist, taking place toward the end of the civil war.
- Miniature Dictionary for Genealogists by Michael L. Cook; Ever wonder what some of those big words meant? This quick reference tool can be of help to you.
- Tracing Your English Ancestors by L. G. Pine; Beginning research on your English ancestors? Read this information article by L.G. Pine, former editor of “Burkes Peerage”
- Winners NGS Conference Winners; The lucky people won memberships in Heritage Quest
- Genealogical Indexing by Norma Ireland; When you have all that material compiled you need an index. How do you do it?
- The Ancestry and Descend of James Aldridge by Bette Miller Radewald; An analysis of the family of James Aldridge (ca.1742-1807) Coswell Co. North Carolina.
- The McGubbins Collection by Jo White Linn; An in-depth look at a major local history and genealogy collection located at the Rowan Public Library, Salisbury, NC
- Researching in Washington State by Janet Nixon Baccus; Stuck in Washington? Janet has some research tips that will be of help of you.
- Compiling a Faith Chronicle by John W. Heisey; Of what faith were your ancestors? How did their beliefs influence the family and ultimately you?
- The Institute of Heraldic and Genealogical Studies Submitted by Cecil Humpherysmith; A look at an English school of genealogical research
- On the Track of the European Ancestor by Margaret Audin
- The Careful Genealogist by Bette Miller Radewald
- New York Research by Loren V. Fay
- The Genealogy Answering Machine by Arlene H. Eakle
- Germanic Genealogy by Frederick Walter Hilbig
- Classified Ads
- Periodical Index
- Book Reviews
- Index to HQ #1
The Computer Corner:
- The NGS Conference
- Index Your Book in Thirty Minutes
The price of this publication includes postage and handling within the United States. Foreign customers please contact us for postage costs.