Our Native Americans and their Records of Genealogical Value, Volume 2; by E. Kay Kirkham; 249 pp; Hardcover; 8.5 x 11; Item # EV0011
This volume is made up of all kinds of useful information for anyone researching Native American ancestors.
The following is from the table of contents:
Introduction – Use of records, etc.
Chapter 1 – A selected list of museums, associations, etc. that have information about Native Americans.
Chapter II – General Information from the National Archives, its branches, the Genealogical Society of Utah, and elsewhere.
Chapter III – A Compiled Place and Tribe Index to the Federal Census of 1900.
Chapter IV - Religious Denominations and the Native American.
Chapter V – Canadian bands, general information, etc.
Chapter VI – A brief analysis of some of the Major Indian Records.
- A – A listing of representative Native American records as found in agencies and archives.
- B – Vital Records information for the Native American.
- C – Bureau of Indian Affairs area offices, agencies, etc.
- D. Do you want your CDIB?
- E – Chart for calculating degree of blood.
- F – Native American family record chart.
- G – Native American pedigree chart.
- H – Facsimile copies of some Native American records.
- I – Additional references to books about tribes, etc.
- J – Records relating to the enrollment of Eastern Cherokee.
"Our Native Americans" Book Review
See also these related publications: