Tracing Your Ancestors - Heritage Travel: Tips, Tricks & Strategies; by Lisa A. Alzo and Christine Woodcock; 2017; 66 pp; Soft Cover, Saddle stapled; ISBN: 978-1-926510-07-1; Item #: MM027
Are you considering a research trip? Whether doing a genealogy road trip stateside or a trip abroad to your ancestral homeland, this booklet will help you in planning the perfect trip. Written by two experienced genealogy professionals and travelers, you're sure to get ideas and tips that you hadn't even thought about before.
The following is from the Table of Contents:
- Ten Things to know Before You Go: Lisa offer ten suggestions to make the most of your ancestral journey.
- Awesome Apps for Travelers!: Lisa gives an overview of 17 useful heritage travel tools and apps.
- Preparing For a Genealogy Trip: Christine says being prepared is the key to a successful journey.
- Preparation Checklist: Christine recommends a comprehensive list of to-dos to consider before you depart on your journey
- Preparation Checklist: Christine Woodcock Says being prepared is the key to a successful journey.
- Speaking Your Ancestor's Language: Lisa A. Alzo offer tips for conquering colloquialisms and communicating with cousins during a heritage trip.
- Build An Itinerary in Trello!: Lisa A. Alzo discusses how Trello can help you organize your genealogy and writing projects.
- Journal Your Journey: Christine Woodcock recommends keeping a journal of your genealogical travel experiences.
- Meeting Family - Making Memories: Lisa A. Alzo share how to find and make the most of chance encounters with newly found relatives.
- Immersion Genealogy: Lisa A. Alzo share her thoughts on a more complete way to explore your ancestry.
- Social History Museums: Christine Woodcock shows how to put your ancestors' lives into perspective.
- Expert Guidance: Lisa A. Alzo offers tips on how to hire a tour guide for your trip.
- Food, Family and Folklore: Lisa A. Alzo shares tips for planning a dream trip to your ancestral homeland.
- Visiting Cemeteries: Christine Woodcock offers guidance on how to prepare for a visit to your ancestor's gravesite.
- After the Tour: Christine Woodcock shares tips on what to do with all that information you collect while on your trip to your ancestral homeland.