History Magazine; December/ January 2013 , edited by Edward Zapletal; Published December/ January2013; paper; 54 pp; 8.5x11; Full Color; Item # HMDJ13; The price of this item includes postage within the United States.
BUILDING THE UNION PACIFIC RAILWAY.
- Great Flu Pandemic of 1918.
- History of the Income Tax.
- The Comics Code Authority.
- The Harrowing Journey Abroad The Jeanie Johnston.
- Royal Mail Coaches.
- Chief Yellowhead.
- The Melbone Street Wreck.
- The History Of The Daily Planner.
- OPEN NOTES; Trivia: William “Pussyfoot” Johnson, Absolutely Fireproof.
- “HELL on WHEELS” and the BIG TENT; David A. Norris tells the story of the building of the Union Pacific Railway.
- BEFORE the IRON HORSE; Eric Niderost looks at the history of the Royal Mail coaches from 1784-1846.
- ALL STANDING; In an excerpt from her upcoming book, All Standing, Kathryn Miles tells the true story of hunger, rebellion, and survival aboard the Jeanie Johnston.
- THE COMICS CODE AUTHORITY ; One senator’s attempt to regulate the comic book industry in the booming 1950s.
- THE GREAT FLU PANDEMIC OF 1918; Steve Semiatin looks at the worst influenza outbreak in history.
- THE ORIGIN OF THE INCOME TAX; Almost everyone hates it. Here’s a history of how it came to be.
- THE HISTORY OF AMERICA’S FIRST DAILY PLANNER; Molly McCarthy looks at how a publishing bust led to a powerful brand.
- CALIFORNIA MISSIONS : PART 2 ; The final installment of Amanda Epperson’s look at the history of the founding of California’s missions. li>
- THE MELBONE STREET WRECK ; Chuck Lyons looks at one of the worst railway accidents in US history. li>
- CHIEF YELLOWHEAD; Andrew Hind looks at a staunch supporter of the British and Defender of Upper Canada during the rebellion of 1837.
- HINDSIGHT; A look at a selection of books and DVDs you might want to add to your shelf.
The price of this publication includes postage and handling within the United States. Foreign customers please contact us for postage costs.