Tracing Your Irish Roots; A Collection of Previously Published Articles From "Discovering Family History," "Internet Genealogy" and "Family Cronicle"; 2010; 54 pp; magazine-style, saddled stapled; 8.5x11; ISBN: 978-0-9781592-6-9; Item # MM006;
Need Help Researching Your Irish Ancestors?
Tracing Your Irish Roots compiles some of the best articles we’ve ever published in Family Chronicle, Internet Genealogy and Discovering Family History about tracing your Irish genealogy. From websites and online databases to case studies and vital records, these features will help you get started, or perhaps, overcome that pesky brickwall!
What's Inside Tracing Your Irish Roots?
- Irish Roots Cafe Genealogy Podcast, Cindy Thomson looks at an innovative approach to Irish genealogy
- Irish Genealogy on the Net, Rick Norberg looks at researching your Irish ancestors on the worldwide web
- Letters Home: To Ireland and Wales From the US, Marc Skulnick introduces a collection of letters written to the folks back home
- Irish Famine Passenger Lists, Halvor Moorshead looks at a great online resource
- British and Irish Military Records and Memorials, Alan Stewart finds British and Irish military records online
- Getting Started on Your Irish Line, If you’re just beginning your Irish genealogy, Cindy Thomson looks at what you can do on this side of the pond
- Irish Censuses Online, Marc Skulnick looks at the 1911 Irish census online
- Top 50 Sites for British and Irish Research! Alan Stewart looks at the best websites for tracing and researching your ancestors from across the pond!
- 25 Websites for Irish Genealogy, Susan Meates looks at the top online resources for researching your Irish family
- Wills and Administrations in Britain and Ireland, Alan Stewart explains the importance of wills to genealogical research
- Barney Clark: Irish immigrant, Miner, Farmer, Prankster? Rick Crume goes online in search of an Irish famine emigrant’s origins
- Finding Your Scots-Irish Ancestors on the Net, CindyThomson looks at online resources dedicated to Scots-Irish immigrants
- Tracing Michael Gillen: A Case Study, Kevin Cassidy chronicles his search for one Michael Gillen, an Irish immigrant
- The Irish Family History Foundation, According to Diane L. Richard, now is the time to dig into your Irish roots!
- Finding Irish Cousins: A Mini Case Study, Sharon Shea Boussard recounts her search for her Irish-born grandfather